Your wardrobe is an investment. Like any other investment you want to make sure it is performing well for you. And since we’re talking about clothing, you’ll be able to judge how well your investment is doing in whole host of ways:
- How do the clothes make you feel?
- Are you confident in them?
- Is your outfit sending the right message, professional or otherwise?
Believe it or not, your choice of hangers can make a difference to how you answer those questions. Hangers affect the way your clothes look and feel, which makes them a crucial component of your wardrobe/closet set up. But with so many different hanger styles to choose from—dry cleaner-style wire hangers to custom-designed bamboo ones—how can you know which hangers are right for you?
When Wooden Hangers Truly Are Best
If you’re like most of us, you want your clothes to last as long as possible, and you want them to look great when you take them out of the closet. That’s even more important when we’re talking about those outfits you may only wear once or twice a year for those special or important occasions when you need to make an impression or pull off a certain look.
In these instances, wooden hangers are better for your clothes.
The Many Benefits of the Wooden Hanger
Wooden hangers work well for well for all your clothes, however. Indeed, we’ve found that our customers come back again and again, wanting to expand their use of wooden hangers to all their clothes. Here are several reasons why:
- Form: The shape of a wooden hanger gives it some inherent advantages over plastic or wire hangers. Wood hangers are thicker, providing more surface area for your clothes to rest on. And, most wood hangers have contours or curves that are softer and more rounded than the sharper corners on other types of hangers. The form—shape—of the hanger itself helps the clothes hang in a much more natural way.
- Function: Plastic hangers get the job done but they also leave creases and dents in your clothes. Those little dents and dings in your clothes cause a couple of issues. For one, they are noticeable to you and to others. You’re making a fashion statement whether you like or not. Also, those creases are sort of like a scratch on your car—they can shorten the life of the item by making it more vulnerable to wear. Wood hangers do a great job of reducing or even eliminating creasing when clothes are hung properly. That’s better for your clothing over the long haul.
- Durability: How many wire hangers have you bent out of shape without even trying? How many times has a plastic hanger broken after a few uses? Those worries disappear when you use wooden hangers. They never bend, and (unless you’re actually trying to destroy one) it’s not going to break on you. With ordinary use, wooden hangers can last a lifetime.
- Style: Finally, it’s hard to beat the look of a closet lined with rich wood hangers. Cedar, oak, maple, walnut, painted hangers—with so many different wood tones and finishing options you’re sure to find a wooden hanger that gives your closet that extra dose of elegance. Every morning when you open your closet to decide what to wear, you’ll be greeted with hangers that look as good as the clothes they support. What a great way to start your day!
Transform Your Closet & Clothes With Wooden Hangers
At the Hanger Store, helping you take care of your clothes is our passion. We’ve been in the business for more than 100 years, and know how to help you choose the best hanger for your needs. We would love to hear from you and see how we can help you transform your wardrobe.